Three Personality Profiles

 

Image courtesy of Pexels

Five Factors

The first personality test I completed was the Five-Factor Test. This test measures individuals on the following five personality components: Agreeableness, Conscientiousness, Extraversion, Openness, and Neuroticism. Screenshots of my results are below with an explanation that follows. 

Image Source: Property of Author

Image Source: Property of Author

Image Source: Property of Author 

Image Source: Property of Author 

Image Source: Property of Author 
Explanation of Results

As one can note from the images above, I scored slightly low as an extravert, very high in openness to experience and conscientiousness and moderately high in agreeableness and neuroticism. One might say that these results are a paradox, but being highly aware of myself (in the midst of healing), I'm not surprised at all. I've always been on the "shy" and hesitant end of the social spectrum and prefer small group interactions and limited social time. From the time I begin a task or participate in a social event, my battery starts to deplete, which is the opposite for extraverts it's claimed. 

Next, my high scores on openness to experience and conscientiousness didn't surprise me either. As long as they were physically and socially safe, I've always been interested in trying novel things (especially food), visiting foreign places, and exploring new ideas. Furthermore, I've always been sensitive towards human suffering and try to bring integrity to situations. Bad news, world strife, and personal conflict make me very uncomfortable. 

Lastly, my score on neuroticism made sense to me as well. Because I'm sensitive, I tend to worry about the future a lot. The climate in education hasn't been friendly to teachers in the last couple of decades, and I find myself worrying about my career a lot. My anxiety is compounded by a history of worrying, which I learned from some relatives, the political climate, and the world changing in general - we're a lot less physically and emotionally connected it seems. 

Leadership Skills

I've always considered myself a "follower" more than a "leader." However, the in the last two years, I've found myself in directive roles more than usual; we have a lot of new school staff and I've been one of the mentors they've looked up to. To be honest, I could use paying it forward a little more and consider this a growth point of mine. Because of this personal goal I decided to take the Leadership Skills test, expecting to score moderately, which I feel I did. An image of my results is below with an explanation that follows.

Image Source: Property of Author


My Results

The Leadership Skills test offers the following three score ranges and descriptions: 

18-34 - Work to Do (which is what it suggests)

35-52 - Build on Your Potential (which means that you're making modest progress but still have work to do)

53-90 - Well on Your Way (which means you're making great progress but should fill in the gaps where you scored low).

(Mind Tools)

Considering that I assume responsibility as needed but don't prefer to lead, I agree with this result. It is in the highest score range but only twelve points above the minimum. I also got mixed results when it came to individual questions that measured the same traits. For instance, I scored high low one question and high on the other related to "motivating people to deliver vision" which didn't surprise me since my own motivation ebbs and flows. The same seemed to be true for having a positive attitude, having a clear vision for the future, being a good role model (yikes!), and providing support and stimulation. One area I received high scores on both questions for is "emotional intelligence." I can decipher moods, voice tone, root causes of conflict fairy well. Now I just need to work on feeling more positive, motivating myself, and apparently, being a better role model; I believe that meeting more of my personal and professional goals will help with this. 


Personality Type

The last test I took was the Personality Type Indicator. I had taken the 16 Personalities test a few times and gotten consistent results, so I wondered what my result would be with a different personality test. Of the sixteen different personality types originally developed by Katharine Cook Briggs and her daughter, Isabel Briggs Myers in the mid-twentieth century, I scored as an INFP (Introverted, INtuitive, Feeling, and Perceiving). See the two images below. 

Image Source: Property of Author

Image Source: Property of Author

Even though I got the same result as I had gotten on the 16 Personalities test, I noticed that the percentages of each category had changed. During the pandemic I scored as high as 91% Introverted, 75% Intuitive, 50% Feeling, and 60% Perceiving. I wonder if being so reclusive and isolated affected these scores. I definitely had a lot of time to be in my own head! 

As far as the term, "humanist" is concerned, I feel this is fairly accurate too. I've always considered myself to be concerned with global issues and the fate of mankind. I approach most situations with openness and decency as well. I've heard of the INFP referred to as the "mediator" and "healer" too; I've played the "middleman" in many situations and am actively working on healing myself as well as assisting others. For now, it seems these terms are valid.

To learn more about the INFP and the other fifteen types, please visit the links below. 






Work Cited

MindTools Content Team. MindTools. https://www.mindtools.com/apdfhaw/
how-good-are-your-leadership-skills. Accessed 6 June 2024.












Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing the results of your tests. Remember, these should be used as a reflection tool and not as scientific data. Hopefully taking these tests help you discover what you bring to your Professional Learning Networks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Digital Map

An Active Learning Project on The American Revolution

Google Chromebook Adaptability Features